At Easelly, we take our role as responsible stewards of student data seriously.
We work with organizations dedicated to protecting student data privacy and advocating for the effective use of student information.
Easelly is compliant with FERPA, COPPA, and holds a California Student Privacy Certification.
Transparency with Student Data
- We collect and use student data only as necessary to provide our services.
- We do not use student data for any purpose other than to provide the services on behalf of the students and teachers that use Easelly.
Student Data Collection and Retention
- We will never sell student data to a third party.
- We do not use or disclose student information collected through an educational/scholl service (whether personal information or otherwise) for behavioral targeting of advertisements to students.
- We do not build a student’s personal profile except for supporting authorized educational/school purposes or as authorized by the teacher/student.
- We do not knowingly retain student personal information beyond the period required to support the authorized educational/school purposes, or as authorized by the parent/student. For inactive accounts, our current retention policy is to store student data for up to 18 months.
- We also use anonymous and de-identified data to continually make Easelly as a more effective tool for students and teachers.
- Any third party Easelly shares information will have privacy and data security practices consistent with the Student Privacy Pledge. We also commit to giving students a choice of whether or not their data and information will be sent to a third-party partner or new entity in terms of reorganization, merger, or sale of assets.
Easelly Student Accounts are Safe and Secure
We strive to maintain security protocols and procedures that are designed to protect student data.
- Easelly uses industry-standard SSL to ensure that student data is encrypted and transmitted securely from end to end.
- We encrypt data in transit (1.2) and implement data encryption at rest. We offer users multi-factor authentication as an option.
- We employ AWS Firewall Manager in protecting all of our applications. We do daily backups on our database while monthly backups are tested to verify database procedures. All user data is secured within Amazon S3 and encrypted at rest.
- Only limited Easelly employees have access to the database, and employees only access it when necessary. Access to the database restricted to employees’ registered IP addresses to prevent unauthorized access. Employees with access to student data pass criminal background checks and undergo periodic privacy training.
- Teachers can monitor student accounts and student work.
- Students cannot communicate privately with other students outside of their school.
- We implement administrative, physical, and technical safeguards to secure student data from unauthorized access, disclosure, and use.
- We will conduct periodic risk assessments and remediate any identified security vulnerabilities promptly.
- We will notify students, teachers, and school partners in the event of a security or privacy incident.
- We will notify students, teachers, and school partners immediately upon any significant material changes to this privacy pledge. We will ask for their consent electronically.
- We will ensure that any third parties to whom we may disclose student data will be consistent with this Privacy Pledge.
- Parents can review personal information that their child has supplied to us and modify or correct it and, upon their written request, we will delete the personal information their child has provided to us.
COPPA And FERPA Compliance
- Easelly makes every effort to ensure consistency with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) policies. We also comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Ac (COPPA).
- We have signed the K-12 School Service Provider Pledge to safeguard student privacy.
Changes to this Student Privacy Pledge
We expect that most changes will be minor, but there may be cases where significant adjustments are necessary. In those cases, we will first provide prominent notice to the students who are affected.
If you have any questions about this Student Privacy Pledge, please contact us at email@example.com
Name: Vernon Southward
Address: 915 26th Ave NW STE C1, Gig Harbor, Washington, 98335
Phone: +1 (425) 533-2406 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated June 2020